Dunraven Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dunraven Castle

A supernatural roleplay guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Envy

"No we can take as long as we need," replied Tayla, "My mother and grandmother are probably both asleep." She folded her arms, trying to conceal warmth. The cafe. She smiled to herself as she went there often to cool down a bit from a long day.

27Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:23 pm

A frown flitted across his face. A young girl like her shouldn't be left alone. Not in this city. He opened the door to the cafe, letting the warm air wash over Tayla. He'd have to walk her home then, just to make sure she was safe. It wouldn't do for someone to come along and harm her simply because he wasn't willing to be a gentleman.

28Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Envy

Tayla smiled as she felt the warm air, stepping into the cafe. "Thank you," she told him, nodding to him and giving a soft giggle. She made her way into the cafe and reached into her back pocket, pulling out her wallet and walking to the counter.

29Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:37 pm

He debated offering to pay for her, but turned it aside. Alex was already pushing the 'creeper' boundary as it was, and offering to pay really wasn't the best idea. So he refrained, moving along behind her to pick a table for the two of them to sit at.
He didn't want anything to drink.

30Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Envy

Tayla looked over at Alex and spoke, "Did you want anything?" after ordering herself a cup of tea. Tea was always a nice way to make her relax. She dug through her wallet, pulling out the money for her tea, but waiting to see if he wanted anything.

31Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:45 pm

"No thank you," he told her softly. "I'm good." The fallen angel looked out the window, dark eyes sad. He couldn't actually eat anything. At least..nothing human. Sunlight and air were his main diet, with a bit of death thrown in.

32Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:47 pm

Envy

Tayla nodded and paid for her tea, then stepped over and sat across from him when she got it. She blew on the steam and then took a small sip, pulling away and wincing when it was too hot.

33Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:52 pm

He bit back the chuckle that formed in his throat, refusing to laugh at her expense. "A tea fan I take it?" Alex asked, motioning to her steaming cup. "Good choice tea. Made from more...natural ingredients then coffee. Healthier for you too."

34Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Envy

"Yeah," smiled Tayla, "I personally like the taste better." She brushed hair out of her face and looked back at him, giving a bit of a sheepish giggle. "You sure you don't want anything?"

35Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:11 pm

"I'm quite sure miss," he said softly. "I'm...not thirsty." He gave her the same sad, somewhat wistful smile he'd given other things that night already. "Besides, this late at night I'd end up being awake until dawn if I drank anything..."

36Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Envy

Envy

Tayla looked at him and nodded. She frowned when she saw that smile and she asked him, "Are you alright?" wondering if anything was wrong. She leaned back slightly in her chair and took a sip.

37Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:23 pm

"Me?" he asked. "No, I'm fine." Or as fine as he could be. Life down there was...taxing. Alexander clenched his fist under the table, eyes flashing once with anger. No. Now was hardly the time to dwell upon his past.

38Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Envy

Envy

Tayla nodded and smiled, "Okay," taking a few more sips of the tea. She looked around, not liking the awkward silence between them.

39Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:51 am

What to say? The fallen angel wasn't the best for making conversation with, even in the best of times. Sitting across from a girl he'd only just met, it was twice as hard for him to come up with anything. So he sat. In silence. Simply looking at her.

40Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:40 am

Envy

Envy

Tayla felt a bit odd when she glanced back at him and she looked down, looking at her tea and refusing to awkwardly stare back at him. She downed the rest of her tea and sighed.

41Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:54 am

"I suppose I'm not the best person for conversation am I?" he asked with a frown, folding his hands in front of him on the table. "I'm sorry for that miss. You just looked...cold and I couldn't think of any other way to get you someplace to warm you up..."

42Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:56 am

Envy

Envy

Tayla lifted her head to look back at him and said, "No worries, really," giving him a smile, "I'm not that good with conversation either, but I really appreciate you trying to help."

43Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:08 am

His frown turned into a small smile. "May I walk you home Miss Tayla?" Alexander asked. "The night is late, and I would hate for something to happen to you on your way home. I would feel...responsible."

44Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:14 am

Envy

Envy

Tayla blinked a few times, then gave a small smile and said, "That would be really... nice..." nodding after that and throwing away the cup that her tea was in, "I'll take you up on that. Thank you."

45Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:27 am

He nodded mutely, standing up from the table and moving to open the door for Tayla. "Please," Alexander said softly. "Lead the way."

46Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:28 am

Envy

Envy

Tayla smiled at the notion and said, "Thanks," again as she folded her arms over herself to conceal warmth, walking out into the cold air. She glanced around a bit and began to lead the way, glancing back to make sure that he was following.

47Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:04 am

He trailed behind her like a silent shadow, dark eyes and figure blending in seamlessly with the night. A soft sigh escaped his lips, and Axel frowned to himself. He hadn't been this moody in...years. Must just be one of those nights...

48Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:22 am

Envy

Envy

Tayla stopped and looked back at him and blinked a few times. She frowned and asked, "Are you okay? You don't look very good..." shivering a bit and biting her lip, "You didn't need to come along..."

49Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:35 am

"I'm fine," he said softly. "Just...thinking about things." He flashed her a sad smile again, glancing up at the stars for a moment before turning his gaze back down to the earth. "I would feel better making sure you get home safely."

50Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:39 am

Envy

Envy

Tayla made the rest of the way back to the home and looked up at him. "Well... We are here," she said, looking back at him, "I'm sorry for the trouble that I have caused you to taking me home and such..."

51Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:02 am

"It was no problem at all Miss Tayla," he told her. "It's my fault you were out this late to begin with. It was the least I could do, honestly."

52Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:06 am

Envy

Envy

Tayla leaned up and gave him a grateful kiss on the cheek. "It's alright. You're too kind," she spoke, smiling up at him and said, "Sorry," giggling softly and taking a few steps back.

53Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:14 am

Alexander just turned his expressionless gaze onto her, skin remaining the same, even tone and temperature even after her kiss. "Sleep well Miss Tayla," he told her. "And take care of yourself."

54Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Envy

Envy

"I hope to see you again," Tayla told him, flashing another smile before waving and turning. She made it up to the porch and slid the door open, stepping inside and closing it behind her.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2