Dunraven Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dunraven Castle

A supernatural roleplay guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:14 am

Envy

Envy

Tayla felt the chilling breath of the ghosts on her neck as she knelt down. Closing her eyes, she kissed the petals of the dear roses in hand, her grandfather's favorite. She sat them down on the grave site and placed her hands together, praying that he live on in death.

It was dark. And she thought it would be best to go home soon. Once a week, she would come out to the yard to give flowers to her grandfather. It had been a year since he died. Fifty two times. Fifty two bouquets of flowers. Fifty two prayers. But one grave.

Smiling slightly to herself, she leaned over and gently kissed the tombstone, as if interacting directly with her grandfather. Yes, she missed him, but she would need to let go. She began to raise herself slowly to her feet.

A soft breath of wind ruffled his black hair, making the tall man smile softly to himself. The air didn't feel cold to him. It felt..nice. Warm.
Pushing a strand of hair from his face the man took a few steps forward, walking through the tombs of the fallen. So many dead. So many lost. It was...sad, mournful.
Another gust of wind made him pause, black eyes shut as he allowed the tendrils of air to wrap around him. Oh how he longed to have his wings back. To fly in the sky, free from the mortal constraints...

Envy

Envy

Tayla sighed softly and stood up. She looked forward and looked at the man standing there, lifting her hand slowly and giving a small wave. "Hello," she said softly, not expecting to meet anyone.

"Hello," he replied back softly. "Out late for a visit to family..?" He let his eyes wander to the grave she'd been sitting in front of, his heart stirring softly as he felt the dead deep within the earth. Not too long dead then.

Envy

Envy

Tayla gave a nod and said, "Yeah... My grandfather, what about you?" tucking hair out of her face and behind her ear. She stepped over to get a better look.

"I'm sure he appreciates it." That same, soft smile. "I'm just out for a walk. Nothing particular. The night is just right to be out and about..." He looked up at the sky, eyes watching as a cloud drifted over a patch of stars. Oh how he wished he was up there...

Envy

Envy

Tayla gave a small smile and spoke, "Ah okay," giving a nod. She looked up at him and held out her hand, giving a shiver, "I'm Tayla by the way."

"Alexander," he replied, shaking her cold hand in his warm one. "Pleasure to meet you Miss Tayla." This time he flashed her an actual smile - the kind one would give to people you just met. "Would it be rude of me to ask...how he died?"

Envy

Envy

"You're warm," whispered Tayla absentmindedly, then pulled her hand away. "Sorry. Um, he died of a heart attack, like a lot of people at older age.". She lifted er hand back and scratched her head.

10Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:26 am

"I'm sorry," he said softly, pulling his hand back and rubbing it. Was he warm? Well..it wasn't that surprising. He wasn't...human. Not really. Of course he'd be warmer then her.
"Heart attacks are always so..sudden. It must have been hard..."

11Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:30 am

Envy

Envy

Tayla nodded, "With the state of my mother, it was really hard.". She shivered. She was usually cold because of her magic and she looked back at him awkwardly.

12Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:39 am

He frowned. "I'm sorry I asked," Alexander told her. "I hadn't meant to drag up anything painful..." He watched her shiver, wishing he'd thought to bring a jacket along to at least offer her. Shit. Sometimes never being cold could be utterly useless.

13Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:02 pm

Envy

Envy

"Its fine," said Tayla, forcing a smile on her face. She wished that she had brought a jacket. That would be so much help. And she wouldn't be sitting there like a shivering idiot either.

14Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:53 pm

He watched her shiver a moment longer, then made his snap decision. "I ah...hope you don't find this too forward of me," Alexander said softly. "But...would you like to go somewhere and get..coffee with me? tea? Something? I'm ah...loath to go home and a bit of company would be nice..."

15Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Envy

Envy

Tayla blinked a few times and said, "Ah... sure..." after several odd silent moments of deciding. It would be nice to get something to drink. Something warm to drink... Yeah. That's what she wanted. She brushed hair slowly from her face.

16Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:06 pm

The brushed a strand of black hair from his face, eyes glancing around the graveyard one last time. No, he had nothing left to do here. Not tonight at any rate. All was well.
"I know a shop only a few blocks away," he informed her. "I promise I wont keep you long. The rest of your family must worry if you're gone..."

17Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Envy

Envy

"No we can take as long as we need," replied Tayla, "My mother and grandmother are probably both asleep." She folded her arms, trying to conceal warmth. The cafe. She smiled to herself as she went there often to cool down a bit from a long day.

18Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:23 pm

A frown flitted across his face. A young girl like her shouldn't be left alone. Not in this city. He opened the door to the cafe, letting the warm air wash over Tayla. He'd have to walk her home then, just to make sure she was safe. It wouldn't do for someone to come along and harm her simply because he wasn't willing to be a gentleman.

19Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Envy

Envy

Tayla smiled as she felt the warm air, stepping into the cafe. "Thank you," she told him, nodding to him and giving a soft giggle. She made her way into the cafe and reached into her back pocket, pulling out her wallet and walking to the counter.

20Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:37 pm

He debated offering to pay for her, but turned it aside. Alex was already pushing the 'creeper' boundary as it was, and offering to pay really wasn't the best idea. So he refrained, moving along behind her to pick a table for the two of them to sit at.
He didn't want anything to drink.

21Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Envy

Envy

Tayla looked over at Alex and spoke, "Did you want anything?" after ordering herself a cup of tea. Tea was always a nice way to make her relax. She dug through her wallet, pulling out the money for her tea, but waiting to see if he wanted anything.

22Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:45 pm

"No thank you," he told her softly. "I'm good." The fallen angel looked out the window, dark eyes sad. He couldn't actually eat anything. At least..nothing human. Sunlight and air were his main diet, with a bit of death thrown in.

23Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:47 pm

Envy

Envy

Tayla nodded and paid for her tea, then stepped over and sat across from him when she got it. She blew on the steam and then took a small sip, pulling away and wincing when it was too hot.

24Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:52 pm

He bit back the chuckle that formed in his throat, refusing to laugh at her expense. "A tea fan I take it?" Alex asked, motioning to her steaming cup. "Good choice tea. Made from more...natural ingredients then coffee. Healthier for you too."

25Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Empty Re: Let the Dead Go, but Mourn the Living Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Envy

Envy

"Yeah," smiled Tayla, "I personally like the taste better." She brushed hair out of her face and looked back at him, giving a bit of a sheepish giggle. "You sure you don't want anything?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next