Dunraven Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dunraven Castle

A supernatural roleplay guild.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cry for the dead

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cry for the dead Empty Cry for the dead Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:56 am

Swinging her legs idly off the fence she was sitting on, Eveleen - or Eve - looked out at the people milling past her. So many living...so many to die.
She sighed, shaking her head hard enough that her long black hair obscured her face, blocking the view of all the life and death from her dark brown eyes. So many people...who to mourn for first?
She could, she supposed, pick one at random. But where was the fun in that? She'd never get to know them before their death if she did it that way. Best to pick someone who had a little longer left to live...

2Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:00 pm

kit-kat

kit-kat

Illinois walked through the streets, Tommy pestering as he walked. He was hungry, though he couldn't eat and Tommy knew this, though it was so much fun to annoy his older friend. In specifics, Tommy was older then Illinois at the age of fifty seven, though he had been dead half a century. Illinois was only seventeen but because of his antics with the little, peeping tom seven year old ghost, he acted a lot older. The blonde blew his hair out his face as they started to cross and old wooden bridge... and then he saw it. He had only read about them and heard stories from other ghosts, mainly Tommy, about the Banshees. This was very very bad luck for him. Tommy whimpered as they passed her, tugging on Illinois's shirt and Tommy tried to ignore both of them.

3Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:10 pm

"Hello there," she said softly, lips tugging into a smile. "Don't be afraid. What's your name little one?" Eveleen looked directly at the small ghost boy, her eyes kind. "I'm not going to hurt you. That's hardly my job. Please, come."
She held out one slender, delicate hand for Tommy to take, all but ignoring the human standing next to him. Humans died. The dead were well...already dead. Tommy had less to fear from her then the human. Far, far less.

4Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:33 am

kit-kat

kit-kat

Tommy pulled nervously at Illinois shirt. "Help me Illinois." Tommy whimpered and Illinois ignored him. He needed to look normal but soon Tommy had started crying when the Banshee started talking to him. "Don't hurt Illinois." Tommy whimpered and Illinois stopped, then glared at him. /The one thing he had to do was say my name/ Illinois thought as he started walking again. "I'm sorry Illie!" Tommy whinned as he watched his friend walk off. Then she saw the Banshee was trying to be nice. The tyke took a deep breath and walked closer to her.

5Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:58 am

"Can I ask your name little one?" she requested again, still smiling. "I'm known as Eveleen." She glanced up, brown eyes watching the few people that paused for a moment to stare at her as she seemingly talked to herself. A soft snort and the banshee went back to looking at the little ghost child. "You're human seems to have left you little one..."

6Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:59 am

kit-kat

kit-kat

"No he's just mad at me.... He's a little scared too." Tommy sighed, shaking his head then turning to the Banshee, a little less scared now. "I'm Tommy." Tommy said proudly. Illinois heard them and stopped at the edge of the bridge to watch them quietly.

7Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:07 am

"Tommy?" she repeated. "Such a cute name!" Eveleen clapped her hands together, smiling at Illinois over the crowd. "Why don't I take you back to your human?" she asked the ghost. "He has nothing to be scared of, and no reason to be mad at you."

8Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:09 am

kit-kat

kit-kat

"But Miss.... He knows about Banshees." Tommy whinned. He wanted to spend the rest of the day with the nice Banshee lady rather then Illinois. "Please dont take me over there. You are nice." Tommy whimpered, giving her the largest puppy dog eyes.

9Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:17 am

"Banshee's only sing to forewarn someone of impending death," she told Tommy. "I can assure you, he is far from being dead." Eveleen tapped her hands on her thigh, nails growing longer as her control on her human image flickered. She took a deep breath, forcing her hand to look normal again. "I'd like to talk to him," she went on. "It's not often I meet someone like him...."

10Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:21 am

kit-kat

kit-kat

ooc; Bwahaha Maybe she gets him to fall for her and just after she has to sing for him :/

bic: Illinois tensed when he saw the banshee coming closer. He had given Tommy a dirty looked and waited for the inevitable to happen. "Why do you want to talk to him?" Tommy whimpered as he looked at Eve. "Please dont hurt him... he's my best friend."

11Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:30 am

Ooc;
That would mean he dies though....

Bic;
"I wont hurt him," she promised the ghost. "I don't hurt people little one. That's not my job." She shook her head, black hair falling in front of her face again as she peered out at the human from behind her strands. "I believe you left someone behind," she informed him, hand gripping Tommy's cold dead one. "That was...less then nice of you."

12Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:38 am

kit-kat

kit-kat

ooc; I know

bic: "Okay." Illinois said smiling sweetly now. Illinois sighed when he saw the girl holding Tommy's hand. "I'm sorry Tommy..." Illinois sighed as he messed with his friend's hair and picked him up. "I'll Illinois." He said quietly to the girl.

13Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:43 am

Ooc;
You don't mind him ding for good?

Bic;
"Eveleen," she said back, pushing her hair from her face. "I promise you that I wont hurt you Illinois. That's not the job of a banshee. We simply sing for the dead, we don't make the dead." She looked down at Tommy, frowning softly. Ghosts were some of the saddest beings to her. Held onto earth by something they regretted. She preferred to see those who died move on, taking the step into the next part of life.

14Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:51 am

kit-kat

kit-kat

ooc: Nuuu

Ill make him come back as a demon or something :3 bic: "I thought if you heard some sing you would die though." Illinois asked. "I'm sorry Illinois." Tommy whimpered and Illinois smiled at him.

15Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:00 am

Ooc;

Bic;
"So if you see a ghost, you're the one that killed them?" Her question was polite, but to the point. She was sick of everyone misunderstanding her kind. They did not kill. They simply knew who would die, and when. Much like the shinigami of the Japanese myths (also real.)
Her song was not what brought the death upon the person. It was their impending death that brought upon her song. She could see how fools would misconstrue this. All the goddamn time.

16Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:02 am

kit-kat

kit-kat

"No.... Seeing ghosts is in my blood sadly." Illinois sighed as he held ommy's hand. "Tommy has been dead longer then I have been alive... its impossible." Illinois sighed,

17Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:05 am

"The you see how utterly absurd it is to simply assume that because I sing for the dead, I'm the one that kills them?" Eveleen arched her eyebrow at him, the corner of one side of her lips curved into a daring smile.

18Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:51 am

kit-kat

kit-kat

"I guess it would be totally crazy if i did think that just because of banshees sing for the dead that one would sing for me. My appologizes to you and tommy." He said with a weary smile upon his face.

19Cry for the dead Empty Re: Cry for the dead Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:47 am

She smiled slightly at him, pushing her black hair from her face. "Don't worry. You still have life left in you yet. When you're time comes....I'll try not to be the one around to sing for you." Eveleen looked over at Tommy, crouching down to be at eye level with the ghost. "I don't think he's mad at you anymore," she told him. "I'm sorry if it was my fault in the first place."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum